Brightwell Aquatics Medicoral Coral Dip for new Coral Additions and to Benefit Established corals 60ml
- Safe for all varieties of corals and their allies, including colonial and solitary polyps.
- Triple-acting formulation provides short- and long-term benefits to dipped corals.
- Formulated to prepare corals for addition to a pre-existing aquarium, as well as to benefit
corals showing signs of tissue damage or degradation.
- Gently oxidizes areas of damaged coral tissue to help halt, or prevent onset of, tissue
- Discourages pathogens from establishing themselves in areas of damaged tissue.
- Not a medication; contains no antibiotics or heavy metals.
- Over 50% stronger than competing products.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
- For complete information, click the ‘Technical’ button at the top right.
Out of stock
Experienced hobbyists are well aware of the delicate nature of the soft tissue that constitutes the living coral polyp, particularly in the case of stony corals. Inspection of a bare stony coral skeleton often reveals a very convoluted and sharp structure; when coral tissue is inadvertently pressed against such a structure, the resulting local tissue damage can create an entry way for infection and/or infestation by organisms that would otherwise be combated by the coral’s immune system. Physical damage to coral tissue is not an uncommon event during shipping and/or handling, and is an unavoidable result of fragmenting when the cutting site is not bare skeleton (again, in the case of a stony coral; cutting soft corals and polyps will always result in tissue damage). A colony or individual may also experience stress as a matter of changing chemical or physical conditions in the aquarium, often leading to weakening of the immune system, with the afore-mentioned infection/infestation as a possible result.